The J. W. Saxe Memorial Prize for Public Service
Only those applicants satisfying the following criteria will be considered:
- undergraduate or graduate student in an accredited US college or university (including students who would be utilizing funds immediately after graduation);
- seeking support for an internship or project in public service — domestic or international;
- demonstrated commitment to public service — past, present and/or future;
- financial need will be taken into consideration.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, you must submit the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to be eligible for consideration:
- your resume;
- an essay of no more than 1,000 words which describes the proposed internship or project, how this experience will help the applicant reach his or her goals, and why funding is necessary and how it will be utilized;
- two letters of reference, one from a faculty member and one from someone who can attest to your commitment to public service. (Letters should be emailed directly to email@example.com and should include the applicant’s name in the subject line.)
DEADLINE TO APPLY:
Applications are accepted and funding is distributed on a rolling basis. Students seeking funding for the summer of 2014 should apply no later than April 1st.